PHP Classes

'autoload.

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Code Fixer  >  All threads  >  'autoload.  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:'autoload.
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Alekos Psimikakis
Date:2017-10-15 16:31:40

Alekos Psimikakis rated this package as follows:

Utility: Not sure
Consistency: Not sure
Documentation: Not sure
Examples: Not sure

1. 'autoload.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alekos Psimikakis Alekos Psimikakis - 2017-10-15 16:31:40
'autoload.php' failure. Needs special S/W (Composer)?
Too demanding. Submitted PHP classes should be readily accessible to everyone and easily testable. If special toots, installations, etc. are needed, this should be at least mentioned early in the PHP class main (description) page. Otherwise, there's a huge waste of time downloading, installing and start testing the packages!!

2. Re: 'autoload.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sergey Vanyushin Sergey Vanyushin - 2017-10-17 13:48:16 - In reply to message 1 from Alekos Psimikakis
You should take in account that almost all newly created packages are dependants of tools (in composer particularly). Separate and individual self-sufficient classes - is an atavism and can't provide modern way of programming and set of really useful functions.

3. Re: 'autoload.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alekos Psimikakis Alekos Psimikakis - 2017-10-18 08:53:12 - In reply to message 2 from Sergey Vanyushin
I see. But "all" newly created packages sounds quite exaggerated. I know though that it is true for "some".
Then, "atavism"? Do you mean that independent PHP classes are kind of obsolete? In other words, if I want to submit an independent PHP class I should make it so that it can only be used by installing it with Composer???
(Note: These are rhetorical questions. No answer is needed.)